Saturday, February 8, 2014

RedHat OPENSHIFT Cloud


Today I will write my experience using Openshift cloud framework from RedHat, It's not just cloud storage but it's complete application framework cloud base. #In my Opinion Openshift based on Redhat Openstack Cloud.

What really I get from Openshift ?
OpenShift is Red Hat's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that allows developers to quickly develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment. With OpenShift you have choice of offerings, including online, on premise, and open source project options.
One thing why I like Openshift ? because is about easy development, I don't care about backend from Openshift but I just need care and focused on how my code will work and how it should be deployed. Just in case in Openshift you already have many server language based, you just need to select which one is appropriate to you :D + git integration. It's like one shot. #damn.

First thing that you need to do is sign up, is it easy ? of course, you just need to fill detailed form in sign up form. No need to be worried :D, after finish sign up you will get 3 different application + 1 GB free space. So you can create and develop your application until you really want to release your application.

After sign up success, you can start create new application depend on your based server side language, it's about 5 minute to setup :D. What do you want ? just do simply select and follow the instruction.






In this case I'd like to select and setup DJango framework #coz I like Python :D, you can select which database you will use I'd like to select Postgresql and it will automatically create your git repository in the Openshift, so don't worry you just need to fill ssh key for clone project purpose.

After finish setup application, next step I need to do is to clone my application from Openshift in to my local computer. Then you will get this layout tree after you do git clone.


But it will give different file list, depend on what server side framework do you select. I just need to open setup.py then change configuration field.



The final step I need is just need to push again setup file configuration via git in to Openshift, Openshift will take a rest of installing framework do you need. :D.


Then start create your code and make great and use full application for human being :D

No comments:

Post a Comment